Monday 8 February 2016

Feather of Fancy

Hello and happy Monday to you all!  I'm excited tp be sharing my first WOW! embossing powder DT project with you today over on the WOW! blog

I'm a big fan of feahers so I fell in love with the Wow silicone mould and wanted to create a simple yet punchy card with it.



I started the background by inking a piece of card then I rubbed Wow's embossing ink pad over and added Iced Silver powder on top and melted.


For the resin feather I used a combination of Bluetiful and Black Ebony embossing powders which I mixed with Melt It powder in two seperate batches; Bluetiful  for the tip of the feather and Black Ebony for the bottom part.

I dropped some dots of the remaining black hot Melt It liquid onto my heat resistant craft sheet to make my own mini resin gems and aren't they just the cutest things?

Dimension was added to the card with a piece of Ice Blue foil which I adhered and rubbed Wow embossing ink. Royal Crush and Pearl White powders  were then sprinkled over and melted to create a 3D, metallic,molten surface.

 A cotton doily received the same treatment with Ultra High Copper and Royal Crush powders.

 

The card was finished with a greeting from the Pick 'n' Mix stamps, stamping details around the edges of the card with stamps from the Sparkle & Shine set and some ink splats.

I hope you enjoy!



Hugs,

 

No comments:

Post a Comment