Saturday 7 November 2015

Mixing It Up


Hello sweeties! I'm spreading a little brightness today with this card I created for the Mixed Media Place blog.
  
Winter is most certainly back! What with the dark nights, dreary days and general dullness I wanted to brighten up the Winter days, hence the inspiration for this card was to make something that was texturally rich and colourful whilst being resourceful.



I find mixing bold bright colours is very uplifting. Add in different textures, great embellishments and it is something that I find irresistable to work with. Do you always have a colours or elements that call to you? One of mine is orange, blue, mixed with denim and cardboard. Love!



For the background I blended a selection of Distress inks which I stenciled over with Chicken Wire and Dots & Stripes stencils with black and Broken China blue ink. I mixed 3D gel with orange paint and gave a final textured layer to the card. Layering stencils is a great way to create backgrounds and interest to projects.


I have also, as I quite often do, recycled bits and pieces off my workspace to create this card; a denim circle, bubble wrap, acetate and lace. 

The chipboard star was painted with crackle paint and highlighted with ink once dry, I then decorated with Mechanicals embellishments. 



What are your favourite uplifting colour schemes? I'd love to hear!



 Thanks for reading and I hope you have a creative weekend
xxx



1 comment:

  1. Fran
    This is incredible! The colours, the texture and I love the addition of the star with the crackle.
    For me I am happiest with netural colours and I like textures and always happy to add little bits of this and that:- torn fabric, lace, found papers, papers I will stain.... too long a list!!!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete