Monday 2 November 2015

Inspiration Monday #6

Hi everyone. It's that time of the week again! November seems to have rolled around already and it is suddenly very wintery, damp and misty here in Derbyshire and very eery!



So, onto our inspirational post for this week which is a fab little statement I found.

Do any of you ever think "is this just too random or off beat"? This may be a reference to art you create, clothing, or your tastes in general. I know I do. I started to wonder why we think this at times. Isn't the point of an idea to create or to like something there for a reason?

Surely the whole meaning of these things is they make up who you are and what you're about. All those "bizarre" little quirks or ideas. Not to think should I change /should I play it safe with this and not do what I truly desire because I think people will think it's a bit, well weird.

We should go with the flow of the ideas that are calling and happily accept that this me so why try and change it or deny that. If there is a strong sense of your own style whatever it may be, hold on to it and run with it. Don't dilute it.

 I found two wonderful quotes which sum this up perfectly.

"In order to be irreplacable, one must always be different." - Coco Chanel


"The things that make me different are the things that make me." - A.A. Milne




Have a lovely creative week x



No comments:

Post a Comment