Wednesday 4 December 2013

12 Days of Christmas


I'm back today (I know, a sudden flurry of activity, but I have lots to share :) ) with some cards I created for Prima's 12 Days of Christmas card challenge. The idea being to make a card using a set of products or particular range over 12 days.

This one has papers, masks and metal embellishments from Finnabair's line. I layered up Vintage Vanity papers, canvas which I texturised using the chequered mask and embossing paste then coloured with mists and ink. The giant chipboard "25" was painted in crackle paint and spritzed with gold mist. decontructed one of the zipper flowers and added that to the 5. I created a 3D star and decorated with Finn's metal embellies along with a Prima canvas snowflake. I really like the olive green with the pale blues, it makes a change from red!






This next card was the most fun to create! I started out by printing a stags head image which I snipped out and covered with my spare / random / odd letters. All those Z's. Q's and X's came to good use! Really like the way this turned out, so different and resourceful! I've also used some resist canvas full stops as decoration.  Another fun idea was to die cut some large flowers (coincidentally the range are called Snowcone) into snowflakes. I finished with some metal accents, glittered bubble stickers and mesh.






The next card is meant to be "frugal" - a complete contrast to the last two cards! Layered paper with added interest of stitching created interest without many products. I've used a North Country rub on, Prima crystals and net trim as my frugal accents.


And finally...


This card was for the Ingvild Bolme day, using resin corners, bird and clock hands from her range. The wreath was created from a Prima vine which I twisted into shaped, added some extra festive red flowers. I've coloured the birdie with pens and inks to transform him into a robin... and of course some ink and paint splats.

Hugs,


1 comment: