Monday 12 September 2011

A very exciting Tea Time

Some of you may know that one of my favourite blogs, The Shabby Tearoom ran a Design Team call to find two new designers recently, and I'd like to share with some exciting news - I was chosen to be part of the team!! :) I can't tell you how excited I am to be joining the Shabby Girls! The other new girl is the very talented Cindy Holshouser. We 'officially' start next week for the Week #80 Challenge. How exciting :)


The inspiration photo was this beauty:



And these are my entries!




I made this little cup out of papier mache, layering bits of paper and glue into a greased tea cup and saucer to get the 'mold'. Once this was done, I left it to dry overnight and the painted it with this pretty aqua paint and glazed it. Next came the fun part - decorating! I made the cup base by cutting the top of a polystyrene egg, which was a perfect fit and covering in papier mache and then spraying gold. Lace, seam binding and pearl string decorate the cup along with this pretty teacup tag. I used a digi stamp spoon for added effect and couldn't resist putting a little bow and flower on! For the gold decoration around the rim and saucer, I used Perfect Pearls in Gold.



For the card I've used layers of card and digi die cut shapes. The doily looks perfect for the 'tea theme' and this wonderful Pink Paislee doily stamp which I've heat embossed, looks so pretty. A stained seam binding rosette and hand made Fimo button give the card a regal topping. The greeting has been printed onto Letraset 'Saf-Mat', which makes a sticker (fun stuff!) and I've accented the greeting label with butterfly and a ruffled seam binding, button and resin embellishment.

Lace, applique, velvet ribbon and gathered satin ribbon add texture. The tea cup image is from Etsy, and I absolutely love it! I coloured this in with Pro Markers and used Glossy Accents on the flowers to replicate glaze. A tiny tag and some roses accent the cup.


 







10 comments:

  1. Wohoo! Congratulations Fran, I had a feeling you'd have entered for the DT and wow what an amazing card you created and loving that tea cup, how clever! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tea-rrific !!! Bravo, so well deserved. You do such creative and gorgeous creations...
    This presentation is a stunner; I love the teacup....

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very well deserved Fran!!!WoW your creativity is `Awsome`..love love love is TFI:) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. Absolutely gorgeous. I thought your teacup was real. So so clever. Beautiful colours and design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Fran, those are truly lovely projects - I just love the whole tea scene and the teacup is so very pretty. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely amazing projects....so awesome!!! Congrats on your new DT assignment for Shabby Tea Room!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooooo cute!! Really gorgeous. Love how you've made the cup!!
    Congratulations!!

    Annemieke

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, so well deserved, your creations are beautiful! Love the card, and the mâché cup, amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning project, love the tea cup is sooo cute and your card is beautiful with all those pastel colours... love having a browse through your blog... youre an inspiration.
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Fran - well deserved, and my goodness how clever is that tea cup - amazing!!

    ReplyDelete