Monday 19 September 2011

Floral Flutter


Our new Challenge #11 at theThe Ribbon Reel  is taking inspiration from this fab cake photo and making a Birthday themed card or project with ribbon/lace/twine.


For my card I've used a digi die-cut card blank and (look closely) some Prima doily print acetate packaging! I saw this and thought it was too nice to be kept just as packaging :) Of course I have used a lot of beautiful ribbons from the The Ribbon Reel :- seam binding, twill, lace and sheer ruffle.
My fave Tim Holtz die cuts came out again - the bird and cage! These are inked for delicacy and his wing has been Crackle Accented. I've used seam binding and a paper butterfly to decorated the cage, along with a chain and little metal key (so cute!).




Layered paper flowers, Prima glitter flower sticker and some doilies that cut from some October Afternoon paper (I am in love with this!) add a floral flourish.
Lace and a scallop border with Saf-Mat greeting finish the card off.




All ribbons/lace, Hellebores, and pink Roses from The Ribbon Reel
Birdcage die, Tim Holtz by Sizzix
Prima butterflies and glitter flower
October Afternoon paper 'Collectors Item'
Mini Key, 7Gypsies
Letraset 'Saf-Mat'
Pins



 

1 comment:

  1. Stunning card Fran, I love the colour combo, the beautiful cluster of flowers and the shaped card! x

    ReplyDelete