Friday 3 June 2011

June Flowers


Hello again, and it's a new month already so we return once again to the Flower Of  The Month series over at Daring Cardmakers, and for June the flowers are Roses or Honeysuckle. Check out the blog for some fab cards by the Design Team.


And as you can see, I went for Roses (of course ;) which I made out of strips of felt which I twisted and coiled. It's the first time I've tried this and I love the technique. For the rose leaves I used a Prima felt flower and snipped it up. Lots of sanding and distressing my edges along with hand sewing (eyes and shoulders felt every second lol)




The little birdie is chipboard which I 'Decopatched' and for those of you that are unfamiliar with this, it's
basically tearing pieces of paper and adhering them to cardboard, wood, chipboard etc with Decopatch glue glaze. It's good fun to do, and quite therapeutic!

Two things on this card I am very pleased about using are the felt ric rac (divine) and my little resin rose (had these for a while and been desperate to use them!)

Will be entering it into these challenges:

A Spoonful Of Sugar 'Flower Power'
Allsorts 'Things With Wings'
Truly Scrumptious Challenges 'Summer Sparkle'
Charisma Cardz 'Something That Flies'


Thanks for reading x


Scenic Route chipboard bird
Decopatch glaze
Echo Park 'For The Record' flourish and papers
My Little Shoebox alpha stickers
American Crafts velvet ric rac
Making Memories epoxy flower
Resin rose (from ebay!)
Pins and twine, The Ribbon Girl
Papermania kraft card blank


7 comments:

  1. You've made one gorgeous card here, lady! Love this color combination... love the flowers and your bird. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card, lovely bird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgepus - love the decopatch technique - original.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card. Especially the way the black and white flourish really pulls the eye in. The birdie is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE those felt flowers - stunning card!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, those felt roses are brilliant, I must try that, and the combination of papers is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic bird! really makes this card to stand out!

    ReplyDelete